Monday, October 17, 2011

Incognito Review

I liked Incognito I found it to be a very interesting book, it is however a book i never plan on reading again unless i plan on further analyzing it. I think Eagleman tried to show that people are not in control of their actions and in some situations cannot even be held responsible for what they do, because of their mental defects. i would like to point out that at the end of the book i believe Eagleman either changed his point of view or simply set the book up to make it look like he takes a neutral position. I cant decide which position i want to take in the actually debate however i am definitely leaning towards Eagleman's original position, but i cant back my decision with any hard reasoning. It is most likely because Eagleman supported it for a much longer time. After the creation of this post i believe i have decided that Eagleman's original belief is far more believable and im siding with that. I feel that if the brain is a separate creature that controls what we do i feel that there is a greater power driving me, you could probably relate this to religion on a much smaller scale. I would definitely recommend this book to all my friends who were intelectual enough to comprehend and enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment